We Are Just Starting Out

I guess I should introduce myself. I’m a small town girl from Alaska, living in what I like to call my ‘little slice of heaven’. Over the years I’ve dabbled in quite the array of DIY projects.
Although some might be half the result I was hoping for, I can at least I tried… While others turned out to be a much more successful adventure.
My daily routine consists of the care of my horses. And while I have to say keeping up horses in the Great Northland, is nothing short of a miracle sometimes I can definitely say its worth the venture.  I mean you can’t tell me this isn’t the best winter wonderland adventure. IMG_7539
The next best thing, is little did I know that in the next picture I would shoot this day, my boyfriend would be down on one knee asking me to become his wife. Of course I said YES. This began the months of planning for the most simplest of barn weddings, and yes, horses were included.
This is one of my favorite Wedding Photos!
Once the crazy happenings of the wedding were over, we set out on our biggest adventure together as a couple. A 2 day road trip covering 1,700 miles of some of the most wild country you will ever encounter. I’m taking, 1,500 miles of that were in the mountain passes, half of which have no cell service. All to say to bring back our newest member of the family. A 2 year old draft cross to start training for our packing and hunting adventures. Anyways I digress.
I grew up in this lovely state, I’ve left and always returned ‘home’. I now live on our mini farm spending half the year coming up with ways to occupy my time when the weather outside is less than accepting.
That said I want to leave you with this. Although we spend about 6 months in almost no daylight where we are likely not to see any temperatures rise about 20 degrees. I get to spend my summers with this amazingly beautiful scenery. There is nothing I love more than to be able to get out and enjoy the mountains around us. To see the beauty that God has created. Edit IMG_7886
My goal for this is to keep you updated as to all the fun, cool and exciting new projects and adventures I venture into. Lets be honest, sometimes its just fun to share them with someone!  

Keep a lookout for all the fun and new exciting things in store. 

Comments