Peanut Butter Molasses Dog Treats

Its a family tradition in my family that at Christmas, you can't just get gifts for all the human family members, but also all the four legged. We usually get bags of apples for the horses from every member of the family, and enough dog treats for the cutest pup you ever did see.
I mean really she is cute, or I'm just biased which is entirely too possibly. 

With this in pouring of doggy goodies, we usually have enough treats to last us til the next major holiday. Yes she gets them for her birthday too. She's a little spoiled. But we ended up caring for another family dog, and the treats really seemed to disappear. I also happen to be blessed with the pickiest of doggy eaters, who won't consume any treat that's not human grade. Milk bone doesn't cut it for her. Not my choice. 

Looking at the treats at the grocery store, is quite a daunting task. Not only are there more to choose from than my cereal choices, but the prices are astronomical. Not to mention, the labels on the back. 
Now don't misunderstand me I'm not opposed to grains in dog food. Infact I think its nessecary. But hey, that's my opinion, and I digress. 

I decided that I would give a try at making some tasty treats of her own at home. Why not, the hubby is out of town this week and I am looking for someone to cook for. I tried several different recipes and variations, and lets just say I think the chickens enjoyed my misfortune more than once. But I stumbled up this winner here.

Comments