Summer Time In Alaska

I know, I know its been 5 months since I was last on. Longer than I wanted to be away but being honest, this is the first time I've really sat down at the computer since I last posted. Life is crazy sometimes and this year was no exception.

March 30 my mom finally, after 4 years, accepted an offer on her house, which meant a LOT of moving. The day the papers were signed on the house we flew to Texas to see my baby brother graduate from college! Once back here in Alaska, the summer hustle began. We got our new chicken coop built, and lets just say its more of a chicken mansion, I think this thing is bigger than most people have for storage sheds... So then we had to get more chicks, raising 5 baby chickens in your spare bedroom while your waiting for it to get warm enough outside is quite the venture, but boy are they cute!
Our new chicken coop
This is the unfinished version, but I think you get the picture

We got ourselves another young horse to train here on the farm, so between working and teaching horse-back riding lessons, he has been a side, side project. He's coming along quite well though and we are excited to add him to the family.
Everyone meet Champ
While I have stepped away from the computer for a little while, I have not stepped away from the kitchen and the craft world. I've been busy creating, and I can't wait to share with you my latest creations. Not only are they WAY yummier than what you can find in the stores, but they only cost a fraction of the price! Not to mention they are free from all the nasty chemicals and preservatives that Store-bought food is full of.

Here are a few of the YUMMY things I can't wait to share with you.

  • Homemade English Muffins
  • Homemade Mayo
  • Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
  • Artisan Bread
  • Winner Banana Bread (makes great pumpkin bread too!)
  • Homemade Salsa to die for
  • Healthy low fat granola
  • Alaska's Very Own Fireweed Honey
Keep an eye out for the upcoming recipes and adventures. 
I'll try and post pictures of my crafty projects as well I just usually forget to take the before pictures, which makes sharing rather difficult. But I'll try and remember for you. 



Comments